Developed as a summer seaside resort in the mid-nineteenth century, Llandudno continues to attract hordes of tourists, even today. This being so, you will find a wide variety of hotels in Llandudno, which includes luxury bed and breakfast boutiques.
If you have booked accommodation at a hotel in Llandudno, you may be wondering what to do once you get there. Well, Llandudno has a range of exciting attractions, for which tourists check-in to hotels and bed and breakfast boutiques, every year.
Below is a list of the top ten must-see sites, which can guide you in exploring this charming Victorian heritage town:
1. The beaches: Llandudno has two beaches, the crowded North Shore beach and the quieter West Shore beach. Most of the mainstream hotels in Llandudno are located near these beaches.
2. The Great Orme Headland: This giant limestone headland is shaped like a serpent's head, and stands to the west of town. If offers amazing views of the rooftops of hotels in Llandudno, as well as the sea, islands and mountains.
3. Welsh Mountain Zoo: Located a short drive away in Colwyn Bay, this zoo has a wide range of interesting wildlife, including Sumatran tigers, snow leopards, spider monkeys, red pandas, chimpanzees and flamingos.
4. Conwy Nature Reserve: Walk along the two nature trails at this estuary reserve to view local and migratory birds, in their natural environment.
5. Bronze Age Copper Mines: Take an educational tour through the tunnels and caverns of these ancient mines, to learn how people mined for copper more than 4,000 years ago.
6. Llandudno Pier: This 700 metre pier is the longest in Britain. On sunny days, you'll find hundreds of tourists from bed and breakfast boutiques relaxing here.
7. Dry Ski Slope: This artificial slope has the longest toboggan run in the country, and offers exciting adventure sports like skiing, snow-boarding and sno-tubing.
8. Happy Valley Gardens: Developed in 1887, these landscaped gardens are a great place to relax after a strenuous walk around the Great Orme.
9. Home Front Museum: This unique living history museum, takes you on a trip down memory lane to life as it was in 1940s Britain.
10. Venue Cymru: This art venue stages different types of entertainment programmes, including dramas, ballets, operas, ice shows, orchestral concerts and military bands.
The Space Boutique is a gorgeous hotel in Llandudno, with eleven individually themed rooms. This hotel in Llandudno offers great value for money!
Space Boutique is a leading hotel in Llandudno and can be contacted on 01492 818198